Terms and Conditions of Service
1. By emailing your consent or calling to schedule the job, you indicate that you have read this entire form and agree to have Monster Tree Service perform the work described above for the price(s) listed. You agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
2. The information on this form represents the entire agreement between you and Monster Tree Service. No verbal agreements between you and Monster Tree Service or its agents and representatives, prior versions of this agreement, or any other communications are part of this agreement. Only the work described in this agreement will be performed and only in the manner described in this agreement.
3. These terms and conditions are superseded only by notes indicating otherwise on this form.
4. Your acceptance of this agreement indicates you are ready to have the work performed now and do not need prior notice to crew arrival. Crews may arrive unannounced to perform the work. You may be charged up to $150.00 if a crew arrives but cannot perform the work due to circumstances under your control, such as physical barriers, you or your agent sending the crew away, etc.
5. Unless otherwise noted, all brush and wood resulting from the work in the agreement will be removed from the property.
6. Unless otherwise noted, “leave wood” indicates cutting wood to 16-20” round lengths and leaving these unsplit pieces on the ground where they were cut.
7. Unless otherwise noted, the mixture of wood, soil and air resulting from the stump grinding process will be raked over the site of the former stump and NOT hauled away.
8. Unless otherwise noted, flushed stumps will be left no higher than 12” from the highest point of the surrounding grade.
9. Lawn damage and/or ruts may occur during tree work. Unless otherwise noted, you agree that Monster Tree Service is not responsible for repairing any lawn damage or ruts.
10. Surface marks may occur when brush is removed. Such surface marks do not constitute damage to property, for example, fences, gates, gate posts and/or exterior surfaces. Monster Tree Service is not responsible to repair or replace surface marks caused in the normal course of service.
11. Changes to this agreement requested by you or your agent after crew arrival to our property are subject to approval by the crew foreman or Arborist (listed below), may require additional charges, and must be made in writing. Reductions to the invoice due to canceling part of the work on this agreement are at the discretion of Monster Tree Service.
12. Any discrepancies in the work of this agreement or complaints related to the work must be reported, in writing, to Monster Tree Service within 72 hours of the work being performed. Failure to notify Monster Tree Service in writing within 72 hours of the work being performed is your confirmation that the work was completed to your satisfaction.
13. In the event of a discrepancy or complaint regarding the work of this agreement, if you refuse to allow Monster Tree Service to return to the property to correct any unsatisfactory work, repair any damage, or complete any incomplete work orders, you agree that all fees of this agreement are due and payable, and no discount will be accepted.
14. In the event of damage to property, other than as described in this agreement, you agree to grant Monster Tree Service the right to repair the damage or hire contractors of its choosing to conduct the repairs. Monster Tree Service is responsible only for repairs to the damaged piece of property and will not be responsible for replacement of anything beyond the damaged piece of property.
15. Payment in full is expected immediately upon completion of work and receipt of your final invoice. Interest of 2% per month will be charged to your invoice every 30 days after your invoice is due, unless prior payment arrangements have been made in writing. There will be a $50.00 administrative fee for each partial payment made on any invoice, unless prior payment arrangements have been made in writing.
16. Coupons and discounts will only be honored or accepted on balances paid by the due date. Without exception, late payment will result in a forfeiture of all coupons and/or discounts offered.
17. You agree to pay all collection costs and additional sums incurred by Monster Tree Service if your invoice is more than 30 days past due, including but not limited to collection service fees, court costs, attorney’s fees, and/or credit agency reporting fees.
18. You acknowledge that Monster Tree Service may report nonpayment to credit agencies.
19. You are responsible for insuring that any underground utility lines or equipment are properly identified and marked prior to any digging conducted by Monster Tree Service.
20. WAIVER OF LIABILITY. CRANES AND TREE REMOVAL EQUIPMENT ARE VERY LARGE AND HEAVY. THE LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ASPHALT/CONCRETE PARKING LOTS, UNDERGROUND UTILITIES, DRIVEWAYS, CURBS AND GUTTERS, AND GRASS IS A POTENTIAL PROBLEM FOR MONSTER TREE SERVICE. MONSTER TREE SERVICE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO AVOID OR MINIMIZE POTENTIAL DAMAGES, BUT CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT PROPERLY USED CRANE OR TREE REMOVAL EQUIPMENT WILL NOT CAUSE DAMAGE TO SURFACES. WHILE WORKING ON THIS PROJECT, MONSTER TREE SERVICE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO THE FOLLOWING: 1. PARKING LOT SURFACES, SIDEWALKS, DRIVEWAYS AND/OR LAWNS WHILE ENTERING, LEAVING OR MOVING THE LOADS OVER THESE AREAS; 2. PUBLIC STREETS, PRIVATE ROADS, UNDERGROUND VAULTS, SEPTIC TANKS GUTTERS, UNDERGROUND UTILITIES OR ANY OTHER UNDERGROUND SYSTEMS, AND/OR UNDERGROUND PARKING STRUCTURES, WHILE ERECTING THE CRANE OR DURING MOVEMENT OF CRANE ON THE WORK SITE; 3. IRRIGATION SYSTEMS, LAWNS AND SHRUBBERY THAT MAY BE DAMAGED IF THE CRANE NEEDS TO CROSS THESE AREAS TO WORK PER CUSTOMER’S REQUEST. YOU AGREE THAT MONSTER TREE SERVICE AND ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE PROPER USE OF THE CRANE AND EQUIPMENT AT THE FOLLOWING JOB LOCATION, EXCEPT IN ANY INSTANCE OF SOLE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF MONSTER TREE SERVICE EMPLOYEES.
21. During stump grinding activity, visible surface roots that are 3-4 from the base of the trunk will be ground out. Additional surface roots can be ground out at an additional cost. This MUST be noted prior to work commencing.
22. Stump grinders cannot grind stumps and/or roots that are within 6 inches of structures, sidewalks or curbs.